We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and us, including, without limitation, electronic communications through the Website.
- Through software, including, without limitation, mobile applications, that you download from the Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any website operated by third parties; or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
1. Data Acquisition
In order to help us personalize and continually improve your experience at the Website, we may gather certain types of information. The types of information we gather are:
1. Automatic Information
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you and site functionality. We may partner with third parties to either display advertising on our website or manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other sites in order to provide you with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests.
2. Email Communications
We store all email correspondence between you and the Website in order to improve your future experiences. We may use your contact information in order to send you email or other communications regarding updates at the Website.
The Website may contain publicly accessible blogs or testimonials. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from a blog or testimonial, contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
2. How We Use Information We Gather
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For direct marketing by us for internal market research.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
This Website will not sell or otherwise provide information to third party advertisers to assist in the marketing of third-party products or services to users.
3.Disclosure of Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates for various purposes.
- To contractors and service providers we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Website users is among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- To third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our business activities.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- In certain situations, Boat Fix, LLC may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others.
We DO NOT control and are not responsible for any information provided to or disseminated by administrators or other users.
We use the information you provide when placing a purchase order to fulfill the purchase order. We do not share this information with third parties except as needed to fulfill that purchase order. We use the information you provide about someone else when placing a purchase order to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We will not share this information with third parties except as needed to fulfill the purchase order.
4. Access and Choice
You may request deletion or correction of your personal information by contacting us by email or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
5. Public Areas of the Website
Some areas of the Website may be public areas. These are OPEN PUBLIC FORUMS and must be treated as such. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
6. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information including a variety of privacy and security policies, processes and procedures, including administrative, physical and technical safeguards that we deem to reasonably and appropriately protect the integrity and availability of the personal information that it creates, receives, maintains or transmits. In addition, we endeavor encrypt the transmission of such personal information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
7. Third Party Websites
The Website may contain links to third party websites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites so you can understand how they collect, use, and share your information.
Widgets and Social Media Features
Open ID Provider
You may be able to log in to the Website through sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
8. Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
9. Data Retention
10. Mobile Privacy
When you download or use our mobile applications, or access one of our mobile optimized sites, we may use various technologies to determine location, such as location services of the applicable operating system or browser and sensor data from your device, such as GPS coordinates. We automatically receive and record information on our server from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, browser type, operating information, device and application IDs, and cookie information. We will not use any information collected for advertising purposes and we will not provide this information to any third parties for use in the marketing of any product or service to you. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device's setting's menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacturer of your particular device.
12. Contact Information
The Website is operated by Boat Fix, LLC, a Connecticut Limited Liability Company, which developed and owns the content on the Website. You can contact us at email@example.com
Alastair Crawford, CEO
Boat Fix, LLC
133 Brookview Ave
Fairfield, CT 06825